A luxuriously silky panna cotta, a perfect end to a fancy dinner party
Little Blue Pot Cherry&Black Pepper preserve cuts through the richness of the cream, emphasizing the subtle vanilla notes. Halve or double the ingredients to suit your dining plans.
3 gelatin leaves
500ml heavy cream (at least 36% fat)
1 vanilla pod
100g roasted hazelnuts, crushed with a rolling pin
50ml filtered water
4 Tbsp LBP Cherry&Black Pepper Preserve
1. Cover gelatin leaves for 5-10 minutes in a bowl of cold water. Leave it aside to soften.
2. Combine the cream, sugar, and split and scraped vanilla pod in a pan over medium high heat, until the mixture starts simmering, but not boiling. Just a few tiny bubbles are enough.
3. Drain the softened gelatin, squeezing out as much water as possible. Add the leaves to the cream mixture, one at a time, stirring with a wooden spoon until fully dissolved. Leave to cool to room temperature, for about half an hour.
4. Remove the vanilla pod and strain the cool liquid into four 200ml moulds or teacups. Leave to cool in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving.
5. In the meantime, make the nougatine. Combine sugar and water in a small pot and caramelize over medium heat, without stirring, until amber in color.
6. Remove from heat and add the crushed nuts, stirring with an oiled wooden spoon until fully combined. Pour over an oiled baking parchment or silicon mat and leave to cool completely.
7. To serve, dip each mold into hot water and carefully turn it out on a serving plate. Pour over 1Tbsp of LBP Cherry&Black Pepper Preserve over each panna cota and garnish with pieces of nougatine and mint leaves.
If you are short on time, pour the strained panna cotta mixture into decorative glasses or jars, so that you do not have to turn them out. Pour the sauce over and layer with nougatine to make pretty layers.